||1997 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
the Royal Star Tour Deluxe as...
A classic beauty with cross-country legs, liquid-cooled V-4 engine,
plush saddles, hardbags, windshield and 5-year warranty.
No where else will you find a bike like this.
- Stout, 79-cubic-inch (1294cc), liquid-cooled V-4 pumps out smooth, torquey low and mid-range power for ultimate cruising enjoyment.
- Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission with 4th and 5th gear overdrive drops revs to a comfortable 2,500 rpm at highway cruising speeds while still delivering plenty of 3rd gear passing power.
- Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch.
- Low-maintenance shaft drive provides smooth, quiet cruiser ride quality.
- Gorgeous 4-into-2 chrome exhaust system puts out a beautifully throaty exhaust note while creating a classic long and low profile.
- Large-diameter steel frame with electro-fusion finish helps create the Royal Star's solid, precise handling manners.
- Extra-long, 66.7" wheelbase provides ample legroom and generous ergonomics for comfortable, all-day riding pleasure.
- Telescopic front fork with stylish stainless steel covers and 5.5" of travel delivers smooth, bump-absorbing performance.
- Rear suspension with preload-adjustable single shock and 3.7" of travel provides outstanding handling and a low center of gravity for an unbeatably plush ride.
- Schrader-type air valves on the fork caps permit additional air adjustability to increase ride height for two-up riding.
- Broad, 1"-diameter Winchester handlebars create a stylishly retro look with roomy ergonomics for ultimate rider comfort.
- Dual 298mm front and single 320mm rear hydraulic disc brakes ensure serious, confidence-inspiring stopping power with greater heat dissipation for longer brake pad life.
- Rear sub-frame positioned under deeply valanced rear fender to allow easy customization and access to mounting points.
- Full-size rider and passenger floorboards are extra roomy and comfortably placed for exceptional long-range touring comfort.
- Specially designed, super-plush rider and passenger seats provide outstanding long-distance comfort and support, with a low, 28.5" seat height that adds extra confidence at stoplights.
- Legendary, industry-leading Royal Star fit and finish includes thick, rich paint and heaps of chrome and brushed stainless steel accents.
- Deeply valanced steel front and rear fenders highlight timeless, classic look.
- Chrome engine guards, fender trim and 3-D Royal Star front fender mascot enhances incomparable Star styling.
- 4.8-gallon fuel tank with low fuel warning light provides long-distance cruising range.
- Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer adds more retro styling points and offers easy access to digital tripmeter/odometer displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam, low fuel, low oil, engine temperature and 5th gear overdrive/diagnostic lights.
- Dual-function 5th gear overdrive/engine diagnostic light enhances rider awareness of machine performance.
- Spacious, color-matched hard-shell saddlebags with easy, one-touch openers each hold 9.3 gallons of gear.
- Tall, height-adjustable touring windshield and lower wind deflectors protect rider and passenger from elements.
- Locking steering column padlock feature ensures extra security.
- Ignition located on front left side away from saddlebags for easier access.
- Powerful 60/55-watt halogen headlight provides maximum nighttime visibility and is nicely finished in chrome.
- 12 volt, 18 amp hour, low maintenance battery ensures easy, dependable starting.
- Dual under seat helmet holders with extension straps offer easy storage and extra convenience.
- Extra-long front brake lever fits comfortably in most hands and provides easier pull effort.
|Type||1294cc, 79 cubic inches, DOHC, Liquid Cooled, 70° V-Four|
|Bore x Stroke / mm (inches)||79 x 66mm (3.11" x 2.6")|
|Carburetion||Four 28mm Mikuni Constant-Velocity|
|Transmission||Constant Mesh 5-Speed|
||Wet, Multiple disc
|Front Suspension||Telescopic Fork, 5.51" of Travel|
|Rear Suspension||Single Shock, Swingarm Link, 3.78" of Travel|
|Front Brake||Dual 298mm Discs|
|Rear Brake||320mm Disc|
||Cast Aluminum, 16" x 3.50"
|Front Tire||Tubeless, 150/80-16 WWW|
||Cast Aluminum, 15" x 4.00"
|Rear Tire||Tubeless, 150/90-15 WWW|
|Dimensions / Other|
|97.8" x 35.8" x 58.1"|
|Minimum Ground Clearance||5.7"|
|Fuel Capacity||4.8 Gallons|